Anybody who can use our equipment (not too large or small for our harnesses, not too light or heavy to be belayed) and is physically able is welcome to top rope climb. As bouldering does not require a rope, anybody can boulder as long as they feel comfortable landing on the pads. Belayers must be 15 years of age or older. All climbers and belayers must be approved by Hoosier Heights staff.
All rope climbing (top rope, lead) requires a harness for the climber and belayer, as well as a locking carabiner to attach the belay device to the belayer’s harness. These items are available to rent free of charge, or for purchase in our pro shop.
Climbing shoes are optional for all climbing, but highly recommended. Since they have a tight fit and are soled with sticky rubber, they are ideal for climbing. Shoes can be purchased from our pro shop or rented for a small fee. Climbing involves lots of movement and strenuous activity, so comfortable clothing is recommended.
PLEASE FILL OUT A WAIVER FOR EACH PARTICIPANT.
Our Climbing Space
Top Rope Climbing
- 30+ Topropes with 90+ Routes.
- Ample Routes for beginners.
- Routes changed regularly.
- Walls as tall as 35 feet.
- Belay instruction available for any capable individual over the age of 15.
- 4 Auto-Belay devices for belayer-free climbing.
- A separate room that is exclusively for bouldering!
- Walls range from 12-16 feet in height, with a huge roof feature.
- Bouldering problems are changed regularly.
- Fantastic for all levels of climbers.
- Our extensive lead climbing area ranges from nearly vertical to severely overhanging, with awesome roof routes on the ceiling.
- Lead climbing and lead belaying classes are regularly available to members and non-members.
- We allow the Gri Gri for lead belay - don't have one? Check one out at our desk for free.
- Climbing equipment, apparel, books, and snacks.
- Featured brands include Evolv, Petzl, Black Diamond, Metolius, B.A.Gear.
- Energizing snacks and drinks to refresh your body and mind
- 10% discount for Hoosier Heights members